From the village of Landry and its 750 m altitude to the 3,779 m of Mont Pourri, the second highest peak on the Vanoise, Peisey-Vallandry comprises a variety of shaped landscapes. by glaciers over the years. This mountain resort village is characterized for its authenticity and charm thanks to its ancestral agro-pastoral culture. A gateway to the Vanoise National Park full of summer activities placed under the sign of emotion and sharing.
Hiking: awaken your senses and discover mountain culture
The 450 km of marked trails, within the limits of the Vanoise National Park, constitute the wealth of this territory that offers multiple possibilities for escape and experiences. “La Rando des Enfants Terribles” is a micro-adventure specially created for families, which combines hiking and discovering the farm. This activity offered by the guide’s office allows children to discover goat farming at an altitude of 2,000 m and stimulates their hearing, becoming familiar with the bleating of the goat, the quacking of the duck or the clucking of the chicken. Another micro-adventure, the “Croq’Rando” is a hike for gourmets that combines gustatory pleasure and sport. A journey of 5 stages that constitute a menu from starter to dessert, with local specialties to discover at each stop. Beaufort, terrines and Tomme de Savoie are among the delicacies to discover. Appointment is scheduled for September 11, 2022 for lovers of delicious food! (30€/person, information and reservations at the Tourist Office).
Mountain biking: two-wheel show
Shared with the neighboring resort of Les Arcs, Bike Park has a vast area of 149 km of trails divided into 20 marked courses, including “Country Kids”, a new trail dedicated to learning to bike in Rosuel, ideal for families. Good plan: the “SAMEDIALTITUDE” offer is an exclusive pass that allows access
every Saturday at the Bike Park for €15 instead of €26.
For the first year, Peisey-Vallandry will host the French Mountain Bike Enduro Series Cup, which will take place on September 3 and 4, 2022. Two races will punctuate the weekend: an Enduro Series Originel format, which consists of completing a course with a few timed parts (called “specials”) and a Rally format, which is a timed descent. The drivers will compete for the title of French champion, promising a spectacular show!
Climbing and via ferrata: gain height through the rock
Ceris blocks, located in the city of Peisey-Nancroix, allow you to learn the discipline in complete freedom. 50 routes from level 3c to 7c make the discipline accessible to everyone according to their abilities. Please note that they are located on private land but are nevertheless open to the public by the owner. Via ferrata Bettières is made up of three sections of different difficulty: Slightly Difficult, Quite Difficult (with rope bridge) and Difficult (with zip line). To allow everyone to experience the feeling of “gas” underfoot. At the top, you may be lucky enough to find ibex, chamois or bearded vultures roaming the valley.
http://www.guidesdesarcs.com or 06 58 16 07 94
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/ete or 04 79 07 88 67
Mount Pourri hut
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/refuges/refuge-du-mont-pourri-50-places.html or 06 14 48 77 26
Col du Palet Hut
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/refuges/refuge-du-col-du-palet-47-places.html or 07 68 48 26 44
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/refuges/refuge-porte-de-rosuel-43-places.html or 06 50 21 91 37
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/camping/camping-canopee.html or 06 73 90 18 05
Camping Les Lanchetes
https://www.peisey-vallandry.com/camping/camping-les-lanchettes.html or 04 79 07 93 07
www.peisey-vallandry.com/refuges/refuge-d-entre-le-lac-40-places.html or 04 79 04 20 44
- In a portal on the edge of a cliff, it is a unique experience offered by the Office
guides. Count €450 for the experience of 1 to 4 people.
- In the yurt: the Entre-le-Lac refuge, accessible from Rosuel (2h30), allows you to sleep in the tradition of Central Asian nomads. Open from June 19 to September 18.
Count €47/person. with half board.
- In a tent: Hikers can camp near the refuges in Vanoise National Park from 1er until September 30, from 7 pm to 8 am. Price 5€/person (reservation is mandatory in shelters).
- In a Scandinavian chalet with Norwegian bath: at Porte de Rosuel, a change of scenery is guaranteed in the two new Scandinavian chalets at Lanchettes campsite in Nancroix. From €94 per night (or €427 per week).
- In a caravan: Laurie and Antoine from Camp Canopée are happy to show you the landscape of the meadows and welcome you in a very traditional wooden caravan decorated in gypsy colors. From €78 per night.
- In a hideaway with a private concert: sleeping in a mountain hideaway is an experience in itself… and what can we say when accompanied by a private concert on the occasion of the Refuge Tour 2022! From €47 half board (adult rate). Free admission to the concert.
More information about the shelters on this link or on 04 79 04 20 44