The Head of State, at the beginning of his communication, welcomed the agreement between Russia and Ukraine, signed on July 22, 2022 in Istanbul; agreement regarding the release of corridors for the export of cereals and fertilizers, in accordance with the request of the African Union, which it made during its meeting, on June 3, in Sochi, with President Vladimir Putin.
The President of the Republic then congratulated Senegal’s national football team, its coach Aliou CISSE and the players, in particular Sadio Mané, who have just won, respectively, during the CAF AWARDS 2022 ceremony, the best team trophies. African, best coach and Ballon d’Or.
The Head of State reiterates, in this impetus of action, his guidelines to the Minister of Sports, in order to ensure a remarkable participation of Senegal in the 2022 World Cup, which will take place, from November 21 to December 18, 2022, in Qatar.
The President of the Republic has notably returned to the heavy rains recorded in recent days throughout the national territory.
The Head of State welcomed this abundant rain, a source of hope for farmers, but which worries the populations of several localities, given the inconvenience caused.
The President of the Republic thus invites the Ministers of the Interior, Infrastructure, Sanitation and Local Authorities, to mobilize all the competent State services, with a view to strengthening, in the impacted areas, the operational systems of flood control through the intensification of pumping and the excellent functioning of the water drainage works carried out in these years.
In this winter context, the President of the Republic invites the Minister of the Interior and the Minister of Territorial Communities to ensure adequate control of civil protection systems in markets and other establishments open to the public.
The Head of State also indicates to the Government the need to monitor the alert coasts along the Senegal River.
Addressing the State’s support for students, the President of the Republic mentioned the special session of “JOKKO AK MACKY”, which took place this Thursday, July 21, 2022, at the Palace of the Republic, with more than 300 students from universities public and private and higher education establishments and the Diaspora.
The Head of State recalled the primary place he gives to higher education, research and innovation in Senegal’s emergency strategy.
The President of the Republic insisted on the exceptional budgetary and financial efforts made since 2012 to modernize the higher education system and improve the social conditions of the members of the university community (professors, researchers, students, technicians and services).
The Head of State thus reaffirmed the fundamental role of students in the social stability of the system, in the maintenance of academic performance and in the influence of our universities.
The President of the Republic also indicated to the Government the imperative: (i) to deliver, as soon as possible, the university infrastructure projects (USSEIN and Iba Der Thiam in Thiès in particular); (ii) accelerate the strengthening of the sectors and the imminent start of scientific preparatory classes; (iii) intensify the development and enhancement of training at the level of engineering schools (Escola Politécnica de Thiès, National School of Agriculture, Institute of Earth Sciences, National Institute of Oil and Gas) etc., Franco-Senegalese Campus, ISEP and the Virtual University of Senegal (UVS). These reference establishments must adapt more to the needs of the economy, through the professionalization of their sectors, the development of entrepreneurship and digital transformation.
The Head of State also asks the Minister for Higher Education and the Minister for Foreign Affairs to pay special attention to the academic, administrative and social situation of Senegalese students abroad.
Continuing with his communication, the President of the Republic welcomed the launch, on Tuesday 19 July, in the commune of Kahi (Kafrine region), of the first phase (concerning 23 centers) of the project to build 46 departmental centers of professional training, consolidating, with justice, the promotion of the employability of young people.
On the social climate and monitoring of internal affairs, the President of the Republic raised the following points:
1. Strengthening road safety, offering the nation’s condolences to the families of the victims of the two fatal accidents that occurred in recent days on the road to Niayes and wishing a speedy recovery to the injured before calling for respect for the road code.
2. Sustained supervision of emerging transport agents, inviting the Ministers responsible for the Interior and Land Transport to ensure optimal regulation of the activities in question and to effectively support two-wheel professionals.
3. the development of horse breeding and horse racing, asking the Minister of Finance and Budget, the Minister of Livestock, the Minister of Sports and the Minister of Vocational Training, to work with stakeholders to revalue horse crafts, consolidate the equine sector, to ensure the effectiveness of the full reimbursement (of the 2%) of the resources destined to horse and equine races, but also to accelerate the next completion of the state-of-the-art national hippodrome project.
4. Accelerating the modernization of the organization of markets, inviting the Minister of Commerce, the Minister of Territorial Communities and the Minister of Social and Solidarity Economy, to engage with the actors involved, a consensual dynamic of modernization of market management with the update of market delegate functions.
5. the regularization of the situation of the occupants of a part of the classified forest of Thiès (sites of the MBOUR IV), inviting the ministers and the competent administrative authorities to take all the effective implementation measures to that effect, after the signature of the decrees concerning the dismantling and the development of the detailed urban plan for the polarized areas.
6. Significant improvement in the situation of pensioners affiliated to IPRES and the National Retirement Fund (FNR), asking the Government to establish a permanent dialogue with pensioners’ associations, with a view to adequate responsibility for their administrative and social requests.
The President of the Republic decided, namely, for the full payment of the minimum pension to widows.
The Head of State closed his communication on his diplomatic agenda and the follow-up of cooperation and partnerships.
The Minister, Secretary General of the Presidency of the Republic made a presentation on the follow-up to presidential guidelines and instructions.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and Senegalese Abroad gave a presentation on the international situation;
The Minister of the Interior made a communication on the legislative elections of 31 July 2022.
The Minister of Health and Social Action made a presentation on the situation of chickenpox.
The Minister of Water and Sanitation made a presentation on rainfall and the national implementation of flood control actions.
The Deputy Minister of the President of the Republic in charge of Monitoring the Emerging Senegal Plan made a presentation on the flagship project “route des Niayes”.
UNDER LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY TEXTS
The Council examined and approved the following texts:
– The draft decree on the distribution of seats by departmental majority vote for the election of the Senior Councilors of September 4, 2022;
– The draft decree on the organization and functioning of the Energy Sector Regulatory Commission.
UNDER INDIVIDUAL MEASURES
The President of the Republic took the following decisions:
– Mr. Pape Yoro SOWSecretary of Administration, at the service of the Directorate-General for Territory Administration, is appointed Deputy Deputy Mayor of Sangalkam District, Department of Rufisque, replacing Mr. Moussa BA, called for other functions.